Cupcake raffle! [public entry]
Jun. 14th, 2010 08:33 pmStarting immediately, and going through midnight on Monday, June 21:
A $10 donation to my LiveStrong Challenge page is equal to one raffle entry. Larger donation = more raffle entries.
Winner gets 2 doz cupcakes, made and decorated by me. Type of cupcake and date of delivery will be determined after winner of raffle is announced. Lemon poundcake cupcakes with blackberry/raspberry buttercream? Totally do-able. Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream? I'm trying to get my hands on some essence of violet, so that's a possibility, too. Red velvet, with cream cheese frosting? Or carrot cake cupcakes with same? Chocolate cupcakes with cookies&cream frosting? All good ideas!
Must be local, or able to meet me within a reasonable drive for delivery.
Here's an example of the lemon poundcake with a layer of blackberry buttercream and a layer of raspberry buttercream:

These were my first try using a proper piping bag & tips; I got better as I went. And I just ordered some cool new tips, so I will be practicing with those to make the final batch look more awesometastic.
A $10 donation to my LiveStrong Challenge page is equal to one raffle entry. Larger donation = more raffle entries.
Winner gets 2 doz cupcakes, made and decorated by me. Type of cupcake and date of delivery will be determined after winner of raffle is announced. Lemon poundcake cupcakes with blackberry/raspberry buttercream? Totally do-able. Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream? I'm trying to get my hands on some essence of violet, so that's a possibility, too. Red velvet, with cream cheese frosting? Or carrot cake cupcakes with same? Chocolate cupcakes with cookies&cream frosting? All good ideas!
Must be local, or able to meet me within a reasonable drive for delivery.
Here's an example of the lemon poundcake with a layer of blackberry buttercream and a layer of raspberry buttercream:

These were my first try using a proper piping bag & tips; I got better as I went. And I just ordered some cool new tips, so I will be practicing with those to make the final batch look more awesometastic.
no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 12:53 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 01:00 am (UTC)Maybe next raffle will be for cookies? I think cookies would ship better than cupcakes. The lemon cookies that are popular in my family are awfully delicate -- thin, crisp wafer cookies -- but maybe a shortbread cookie with lemon glaze?
no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 01:07 am (UTC)Edit: nevermind: I just saw it's locked.
In any case, you rock :)
no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 01:44 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 01:52 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 02:41 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 01:18 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 05:14 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-17 12:55 am (UTC)Last night, I got home and the house smelled all wonderful -- she had made her little bitty shortbreads that are the bestest and most wonderful cookies, ever.
Tonight? Got home and the woman made her awesome, buttery thumbprint cookies ... but with lime curd in the little 'thumbprint', instead of jam like most people I know use.
I'm DYIN' over here! She makes the best. damn. cookies.
no subject
Date: 2010-06-15 08:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-16 12:49 am (UTC)If the winner of the raffle would happen to prefer a smaller batch, that is do-able. The lemon poundcake recipe makes two dozen, but I could split the recipe; my vanilla cupcake recipe makes only a dozen, but I just assumed I'd double it in order to provide two dozen.
The other thing is that, if you were to win the raffle, you could time delivery at some time when you'll have lots of people around to eat them, like if maybe Camp Cheesy Poof would like cupcakes for EK War Camp in July!
no subject
Date: 2010-06-17 01:56 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-17 02:26 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-06-17 04:38 pm (UTC)